Gas Safety Certificate for Landlords
Gas inspection and safety checks (CP12’s) in south east London.
Landlords using gas fittings and appliances such as boilers, central heating and flues must carry out annual safety checks by hiring a Gas Safety Engineer. To find out whether the Gas Safety Regulation Act (1998) is applicable to you, you can visit the Health and Safety Executive website.
To ensure the safety of tenants, landlords need to get gas safety checks every year. Howard Facilities issues gas safety certificates (LGSR) to landlords. Our team of engineers is equipped to carry out gas safety checks and ensure the safe functioning of the appliances.
The landlord services are designed for customers to quickly comply with their legal obligations.
Your main duties as a Landlord
- To ensure gas fittings and flues are maintained in a safe condition.
- Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Ensure an annual safety check is carried out on each gas appliance/flue.
Before any new lease starts, you must make sure that these checks have been carried out within one year before the start of the lease date, unless the appliances in the property have been installed for less than 12 months, in which case they should be checked within 12 months of their installation date.
- Have all installation, maintenance and safety checks carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Keep a record of each safety check for at least two years.
- Issue a copy of the latest safety check record to existing tenants within 28 days of the check being completed, or to any new tenant before they move in (in certain cases there is an option to display the record).
Get in touch
If you require any of our services or you would just like some advice and live in the London south east area, telephone 0333 772 1624 or Email Us.